Library Open to the Public - Click for more info
January 8, 2021 –
The library is open to the public.
- Curbside service is still available from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm from Monday through Friday. Patrons may call the library to request up to 5 items. Call again once you arrive. Our phone is 863-0711.
- We are now accepting inter-library loan requests again.
- Craft kits for the kids can be picked up on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Items can be returned in the outside book drop. However, these go DIRECTLY into quarantine for seven days BEFORE being checked back in.
- Overdue notices are now being sent out for items that have not been returned since February of 2020.
- Patrons wishing to use the computers must do so by appointment only. You can book the appointment using your Long Beach Public Library Card as long as it is in good standing (free of fines/overdue items) and up to date (not expired). A link to do so is on library’s homepage. Patrons can also call the library directly if they need assistance in setting up an appointment to the use the computers. Each session is for 50 minutes, and currently time slots alter between the children's area and the main wing in order to allow staff members to clean in between sessions. Appointments times are 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 3:00 pm in the main wing, and 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 2:00 pm in the children's wing.
- Computer printouts and copies are available. Computer printouts can be printed in black and white at $ .20 per page OR in color at $ .30 per page. Copies can be made on the copy machine in black and white at $ .20 cents per page.