Library Open to the Public - Click for more info
October 1, 2020 –
The library is again open to the public. We are happy to say that services are not as limited, however, there are some restrictions.
- Curbside service is still available to our patrons who have been using this new service. Patrons may email or call the library to request up to 5 items. Please call the library to make your requests and when you arrive. Our phone is 863-0711.
- We are now accepting inter-library loan requests again.
- Items on hold can still be picked up.
- Craft kits for the kids can be included in your curbside pickup on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However, as of yet, there is no set date for when Preschool Story Time or Parent’s Coffee will start back up.
- Themed Kit Bags can be also be checked out for two weeks as part of our curbside service.
- Items to be returned can be put in the outside book drop. They will be quarantined for seven days prior to being checked back in.
- Overdue notices are now being sent out.
- Patrons wishing to use computers must do so by appointment only. They can book the appointment themselves using their Long Beach Public Library Card as long as it is in good standing (free of fines/overdue items) and up to date (not expired). A link to do so will be on the library’s homepage soon. Patrons can also call the library directly if they need assistance in setting up an appointment to the use the computers. Each session is for one hour so that staff will be able to clean in between sessions.
- Printing of your documents will be made available. Black/White printouts will still be 20 cents per page. Color printouts will be 30 cents per page. Copies from the copy machine (which is in Black/White only) are still 20 cents per page.